The organising committee is delighted to announce a Photo Contest for the 2017 World Chaîne Day.
• Open to all members the contest will be as a result of social media postings
• Participants can be individual members, a group, local Bailliage, etc
• Photos must be taken during the World Chaîne Day: Saturday, April 22, 2017
We are looking for pictures that:
• express the values of Chaîne and the feeling of solidarity
• spotlight Chaîne activities during the World Chaîne Day
• introduce gastronomic culture from different parts of the world
• capture a genuine feeling of the moment
The best three pictures will be awarded with a certificate, reputation, merit, title and publicity!
Participation will be through photos posted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, marked the relevant hashtags. You can also send pictures by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevertheless, the Jury will also go through unmarked and other WCD photo material as part of the process to find the winners.
In addition to the top three pictures, the Jury will give special recognition to:
• the best food photo
• the most joyful view
• the best “Chaîne professionals at work” image
Winners will be selected and announced within two weeks after the WCD by the Jury, the members of which are:
Ari-Pekka Parviainen - Chair of the World Chaîne Day, Member of the Conseil d’Administration from Finland
Marie Jones, International - Vice-President & Managing Editor of Chaîne news publications
Tomaz Dular - Officier (Slovenia), accomplished photographer
This contest also gives national Bailliages an excellent opportunity to organise their own contests: to select the best National photo, or any other theme, and give prizes at a national level. The National Bailliages can individually decide and select national winners benefiting overall from the WCD material.
The all-important hashtags are: #chaineday, #worldchaineday, #chainedesrotisseurs.
Chair, World Chaîne Day Committee
Terms & Conditions
Please note that you may be identified in some of the photographs. These photographs may be published on our website and in our Chaîne global publications as a record of the event. Some photographs may also be used for the purpose of publicising similar events in future. By participating in the event, you are consenting to our collection, use and disclosure of the photographs for the above-mentioned purposes.